Snoring is a very common problem, affecting many people throughout the world. Of course different people snore for different reasons - some of which are out of our control, and some of which can be influenced by lifestyle changes.
Causes of snoring which are out of our control
- genetics / inherited problems
- being middle aged or elderly
- being male (males have a higher tencency to snore)
- having a cold or sinus infection
- subtle physical deformations
Causes of snoring which may be within our control
- being overweight (or even just out of shape)
- regular smoking, or even just a history of smoking
- consumption of alcohol
- use of medications
- sleeping posture
Browse the pages here at snoring.co.nz to find out more information about snoring, including such things as how to stop snoring, diagnose why you snore, snore ops, and much more.